8 1/2 months today! In passing on Tuesday at my check up I asked the doctor what the office policy was on inducing after the due date comes and goes, seeing as how most first time moms go past their due dates. She told me that they generally induce a week after the due date. When I told her that was smack dab on Thanksgiving, she said, "ok, well, maybe not in your case!" Can't imagine why the doctors wouldn't want to skip out on family dinner and football watching to spend the day in the hospital with me...I have my exam in 2 weeks which may shine some light on where things stand, so I'll be asking more questions at that point. If I can avoid being in the hospital on Thanksgiving, I'd like to do that! Thankfully though, the rooms are apparently equipped with flat screen tv's so at least we won't miss football!
At our childbirth class last night the nurse was using me as an example to show the men how to help a pregnant woman out of a chair, because we tend to have trouble with that from time to time, and she touched my stomach. She paused and touched it again and said, "it feels like you might be contracting." Momentary panic, but then we decided that it probably wasn't the case. There is a chance I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for weeks and just haven't realized it...which is fine by me! The more I feel, the more likely I am to think that those "false labor" contractions are real labor contractions and rush to the hospital unnecessarily, which isn't fun for anyone.


No comments:
Post a Comment