Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Baby Shower/Anniversary Weekend

2 years ago this weekend Aron and I were married! With obvious travel and celebratory restrictions in place this year, we drove down to Middleburg, Virigina for the day Sunday, and then went out to a really nice dinner at Proof back in the city that night. Of course we forgot to take pictures, so I thought a picture of us cutting the cake on our wedding night was a good substitute. My mom graciously had a miniature version of our wedding cake made for us, which we thoroughly enjoyed on both Sunday and Monday! I think we'll have to make that a yearly tradition.

On Saturday, my girlfriends hosted a baby shower for me and it was SO FUN! Everything was perfect and it was a really great time. I definitely felt spoiled by everyone's generosity. I can officially say that I'm ready for Egbert to arrive now. The combination of this final shower and the trip to Babies R Us on Monday to get everything else we still needed really flipped a switch in me. I'm hoping these next 5 weeks (or so) go by quickly...I know Aron does to, unless he enjoyed waking up at 2:30 a.m. this morning to give me a back rub. He offered, because he's Super Husband! And it made all the difference.

I know my mom is wee, but I'm seriously twice as big as she is. Scary....

My cute dad went to watch football at a sports bar with Aron and the hosts' husbands/fiances while the ladies played at the shower, but they all came over once everything had broken up. One of the gifts from my parents was one of MY old sweater/hat combos. I was a child of the 70's, let's remember. And really, does the pom-pom hat ever go out of style? Egbert is going to be SO retro!

No comments: