Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 27, 2007

33 Weeks

Aron and I had our first of 6 childbirth/parenting classes on Tuesday and learned a lot! For instance, Aron will not be permitted to bring a family heirloom SWORD into the delivery room with the hopes of cutting the umbilical cord with it (bummer!). Also, there's an 80% chance my due date will come and go without Egbert making an appearance, which is fantastic. I'm really banking on being part of the 20% of new moms who go before their due date! The most shocking thing we learned was that at my 36 week and 38 week exams, they could possibly tell me that I'm 1-4 centimeters dilated already and just send me off about my business. Here I was thinking that would mean immediate bed rest or straight to the hospital for imminent baby delivery. But they tell us that it could also mean I just go back to work, continue going for walks, and doing all the normal day to day things I've been doing! Who knew?! We are interviewing pediatrician #2 on Saturday, which will be fun. I loved the first one, so it's safe to say we'll be happy with our doctor pick at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your belly looks lower, like you're "dropping". yay for dropage! :-) In the home stretch now!