Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Friday morning the girls and I played hooky once again for the peace of 95 North!  This time we stopped way shy of NYC, opting to spend Mother's Day weekend in my home town.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect.  Our annual trip to the Flower Market, my oldest friend's wedding, and Mother's Day, all in the same weekend!

First stop was Flower Market!!  A childhood favorite of mine, and one that Hadley has been able to enjoy for the past 2 years, the Flower Market is conveniently set up in my school's back yard.  This was great when I was a senior and was finally allowed to sign out during free period to grab some cotton candy and ride the Zipper a few times, but until then my classmates and I suffered together as we were forced to listen to all the happy screams and squeals of the other kids whose school actually let them out early to go enjoy the festivities.  Now, I happily join those happy-go-lucky students who aren't stuck in school on Friday morning!  

The big discovery we made this year was that Hadley SMASHED the height requirement...FINALLY!



Harper, on the other hand, will have to wait at least another year before she's allowed to go on all the kiddie rides by herself.  Thankfully, she's totally obsessed with granddaddy, so she was happy in his arms the entire time.  


Getting the party started on Grandmommy's favorite ride!


Then on to "Dog," as Harper dubbed it.



Food break!  All smiles after a slight breakdown after Mommy yelled at her for stepping on my gyro (this would not be the only gyro incident of the weekend).


Harper, on the other hand, didn't eat a single bite, preferring to flirt with Granddaddy the whole time.


Our brave girl was all about feeding those stinky goats.


Harper was terrified, and decided that posing in front of a sleepy calf was more her style.


Bunnies were something they could both agree upon.


She doesn't have to be capable of speaking a full sentence for Mommy to understand that she's asking for a pet bunny.


Although she declared that she wouldn't ride a pony unless it was pink, she was quick to change her mind when Harper was all over it!


Harper even fussed and tried to grab on tighter when her ride was over.


Thank God for little girls!


Taking the face painting up a notch!



Mommy thought that painting her LIPS hot pink was a little unnecessary, but I guess it did complete the look.


Not to be outdone, Harper added yet another milestone to her list of Things 2nd Children Get To Experience Before The 1st Sibling Does.


She walked around the rest of the day pointing to her face and saying, "Belle!  Belle!"  
Translation: "I look like a princess!!  I look like a princess!"


Back to "Dog."


The spinning monkey ride (think tea cups) cracked Hadley up, but left Granddaddy and Mommy a little nauseous and extremely dizzy.


Back home and time for a little piano.


This picture alone might be reason enough to go out and buy a piano.


Saturday evening, Aron and I got all gussied up and bawled through the wedding of my oldest friend, Lindsay.  Ok, Aron didn't bawl...not even a little bit.  I, on the other hand, cried on the drive over, then again when I looked over the program, and then for the entire service.  


Mother's Day photo montage!


My mother and child are extremely colorful individuals.



3 generations of Skelly ladies


Yummy Mother's Day brunch in the pristine middle of nowhere, Pennsylvania.


There was a very proud Daddy there as well :)



Sweetest Good Bye picture!  4 incredibly reluctant people saying so long for now.

**And then in other Mother's Day news, the 4 of us went out to a casual dinner back home in Virginia after our long, fun, weekend...which ended in Aron giving me the Heimlich Maneuver when I started choking on a gyro.  Super embarrassing, but super excited about not dropping dead in front of my family.  Aron, you are my HERO!!!**

No comments: