Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

GREAT WEEKEND!

This weekend was fun filled, to say the least! Friday we wouldn't let the frigid temperatures damper our day, so the girls and I went to Gymboree for a little open gym play time:

After a full blown meltdown over not being able to bring Dora or her snack trap into the gym, she was ready to tumble!


Aaaaand time for a rest.


Future Olympian?
Hardly. This was as far as she made it without Mommy holding her hand.


"My sweater is way too small, but it doesn't matter! I'm walking across a bridge all by myself!"


I took about 30 pictures in this series that occurred 100% naturally.
Sigh....I love that Hadley LOVES being a big sister to Harper!




Aaaannnd enter Mommy.

Later that day, we took Livi for the afternoon while Mama Karen and Brent went to a birthday party. Another example of a great big sister. Harper is so lucky!



The most exciting news BY FAR was the Mama KK had her TWINS on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!! Harris Murphy, weighing in at 6 lbs even, and Caroline Frances weighing in at a ladylike 5 lbs 15 oz, joined the urban family at 2:00 p.m. Friday afternoon. Needless to say, we rushed over the very next day to get our hands on those babies!


Mama Karen, Harris, Caroline (with a bow on the hospital baby hat!!), and me, so in love.


And Mama Sarah of course!

Today was the second annual ice skating field trip! Last year was Aron's turn and so this year was Mommy's! Hadley did SOO well and enjoyed herself so much!



Over a year since Hadley had been on skates, and over a decade since Mommy had been, so it was a little slow going at first.


Turns out it was like riding a bike :)


Thankfully we were able to convince a weepy Hadley that this technique was not just for sissies, and that it actually helps you learn. As a result, her confidence in herself shot through the roof!








At this point I was told to "stay over there. I can do this myself!"



So proud of our little skater!!
She asked if she could take her skates home...that was pushing it.

No comments: