This weekend was a blur, as the girls and I fended for ourselves while Daddy flew out to Chicago to pick up and drive back some furniture, gifts, and priceless childhood items from Gigi, Papa, and Grammy. On top of having him gone, I had a business party to host Saturday afternoon! So not the usual fun-filled family weekend we are accustomed to, but we all managed.
Saturday morning the girls and I headed to Hadley's swim lesson...which involved life jackets. You might ask why that is, and truthfully I don't really know. I was busy chasing Harper around as she relentlessly kept trying to jump into the water, and dealing with a babysitting crisis, when suddenly my sitter for the party that afternoon called in sick with the flu.
It's become clear to us that this class is a little below her skill set, but clearly she was enjoying herself, so that's fine by me for now.
And I am SO excited to announce that as of Monday night, my best friend, Steph, is my new business partner!!!
The grand finale of the weekend came when Aron called me at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday to say he was home and locked out...meaning he'd driven straight through the night to get home to his girls!! Or maybe it was that he was just too excited to wait another day to show us THIS:


No comments:
Post a Comment