Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Flower Market Weekend!

Guess where I went this weekend...


Grandmommy and Granddaddy's house!!!


And I had my first piano lesson...


...and my second.

On Friday it was time for the big event: FLOWER MARKET!


Things started off a little rocky, like last year. Mom insisted I'd been on a Merry Go Round since then and that I loved it, but I was still skeptical at first.


But then it started up and it...was...AWESOME! So I rode it again, and again, and AGAIN.


Buckling Daddy in nice and tight on the Flinstones ride

Hadley was only tall enough to go on 2 rides in the whole park because she's so short! Here's to hoping she grows 4 inches before next May...


All smiles on this one, thankfully


"Hi MOMMY!!"


Turn 3 is a doozy :)


Had took a little break at the petting zoo to feed the goats, thanks to her new found Flower Market bravery.



And then surprising us all, she wanted to ride the ponies! Naturally, she was a little hesitant to let go of Mommy at first.


This was especially awkward for a pregnant Mommy.


But our little cowgirl found her stride and rode like a pro!
So much so, that she wanted to ride the brown one next.


Same clingy start as before, but this time Grandmommy was on duty


Precious moment that needs no other caption


Ready to gallop!


Back to the Merry Go Round for more squealing...this time riding by herself!


And then on to ride #2....again.


Don't know why, but I just love this picture. Pure Flower Market joy.


Showing Mommy how to lean into turn 3


What do you know? Back on the Merry Go Round!


Had's first face painting


She picked out the pattern herself from the samples the artist provided. Super cute choice!


Checking herself out in the mirror after completion


How could this day get any better, you ask??


Dancing with Daddy to live music...all by ourselves. Daddy was very excited about showing off his dance moves out in the open for all to see :)


Flashing the musician...this was a little unsettling for us all. Not sure what caused her to do this, but I'm worried. We'll be chaperoning all concerts from now until she's married.


And then our friend, Katie, came over on Saturday to play for a while. She brought Hadley some books and was asked to read them "one more time" over and over again. She's a very good sport!

Such a fun weekend! Thank you Grandmommy and Granddaddy for hosting and spoiling us rotten! Mommy is apparently allergic to Delaware since she hasn't stopped sneezing since we got home, but I promise I'll come back to visit without her :)

1 comment:

Jan said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! With your post title I was hoping to see some flowers, your favorite thing ,I know. :) Were there any actual flowers at the flower market or is it a fair?