Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tennis Whites

Hadley and her best friend, Anna, have been enrolled in a weekly group tennis lesson at the club for the past 4 or 5 weeks and it's been fun to watch them all swing crazily and pretty much just run around like chickens with their heads cut off.  Hadley has either loved her lessons or disliked tennis altogether, depending on which day you ask her.  This past week I finally noticed that she was being instructed to hold her racket in her right hand, like most children do, but since she's a strong lefty I made sure that was rectified.  Might be wishful thinking, but I swear I saw her connect with the ball and send it sailing over and over after that ;) 








Like it or not, she seems to understand that it's convenient in life to be able to hold your own on the tennis court...especially if she wants to stand a chance against Granddaddy!  It's with that in mind that Hadley agreed to some private lessons when the session is over to fully explore the sport before we pack up the racket and wait for Harper to be old enough to give it a shot.

No comments: