Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Camp Skelly

Last week we headed up to PA for a week of Camp Skelly! There was baking, as usual, plus tennis camp and swimming lessons for Hadley...and there was CRAWLING for Harper!! It only took 10 months, but Harper officially became a crawler this week. I was not very good at taking pictures this trip, but here's how our days generally went:


Day 1, baking...


Days 2-5, EATING.


Then off to the country club for ladies lunch (Granddaddy did join us a couple times too) before tennis camp. Sadly, no pics from tennis since it was a drop off class.


After a little down time at home it was off to a nearby pool for a private swim lesson with Chris.


Grandmommy and Harper looking on and contemplating whether it's too cold to take a dip.




For the record it WAS too cold to take a dip, but I'm just THAT exceptional of a mother that I would risk hypothermia for their entertainment.


Harper decided that bathing suits were optional on this day.


Blue lips and frozen toes


Finally testing the waters of the country club baby pool (FRIGID), and the big pool (a heavenly 80 degrees).



Again, Mommy endured the arctic temps and waded in just to get Hadley to run underneath the mushroom water fountain. I quickly realized that a) you still get very wet once you make it through the falling water, and b) it really wasn't worth it. I'm rethinking how great it is that the pool gets drained and refilled everyday to keep it so clean. There might be something to that naturally warmed baby pool from the good old days!

No comments: