...she's getting SO close to a real crawl. There is a lot of army crawling going on right now so the real thing can't be too far off.
(But sometimes something closer just seems to suddenly be more interesting than what she would have had to crawl to to get. Sigh...)
Hadley's last day at school was a little sad but SO fun! Miss Crystal (right) wanted to see the big kids graduate so they asked me if I would come help Miss LaWanda in her absence! I was honored and Harper was stoked to hang with the big kids. I learned the dinosaur dance and got to play freeze dance too. Hads is definitely going to miss her teachers next year when she switches schools, but Miss Crystal said she'd babysit any time so I think we might have to make that happen!
Hadley actually got really sad when we drove home afterwards as she told me, "I love Thomas. I'm going to miss him." Sniff sniff.
It only took the whole school year to work up the nerve to get this picture, but I did it!!! Had's best buddy, Cale, is the son of Washington Capitals star, Jason Chimera. I got to know him a bit since he was always around for drop off and pick up...usually sporting a black eye or some proof that he had played hockey the night before. Sadly, my daily brush with celebrity has come to an end. Here's hoping for some interesting parents at Had's new school!
Wheel Day! Once again the Mamas failed to come up with a common theme or deck out the wagons, so the Dora Fiesta dress was all we had to offer.
Then it was time to head up to Mama Karen's house for some air conditioning and margaritas! it was Sarah's turn to be pregnant this time while I got to indulge in the boozy goodness.
Enjoying some back yard fun at party #2 hosted by the Hollys. Had played hard and had a GREAT time until she fell and skinned both knees on the sidewalk on our way out. Blood down the legs and everything. Poor thing.
Today the Averys invited us to spend the afternoon at the Army Navy Country Club for some swimming and dinner. It was Harper's first time in a pool and she LOVED it!
Hadley was so excited to dust off her water wings and swim around, "like myself!" She really didn't want anyone to hold her or come too close. She was a woman on a mission cruising all over that pool. Mommy was excited because all that pool time really cleaned out her skinned knees!


No comments:
Post a Comment