Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

A Very Sporty Weekend

Kicking off our very sporty weekend, Aunt Steph came over on Friday to help Hadley learn how to jump:




Week 2 of Had's summer swimming lessons started out much like Week 1. For some reason she forgets for a moment that she LOVES swimming and has a total meltdown when we get there. I can only assume this will pass as soon as she and I start making daily trips over to Aunt Steph's pool during the week. Maybe it's the fact that it's an indoor pool and it's too nice out to be swimming inside, considering she LOVED swim lessons in the winter...yeah, we'll go with that. The highlight was when all of her jumping practice paid off and she jumped off the wall and into my arms for the first time!


Super dooper upset with Mommy


I mean, REALLY mad!


All better!


Blowing bubbles "together." Hadley finally got the hang of it by the end of class.


Baby barbells!

Later that same day we attended a Bowie Baysox minor league baseball game with our friends Sarah, Pete, and little Charles. Such a great time! Hadley even rode the Merry Go Round without tears this time...and I managed to sit through an entire baseball game. Two HUGE accomplishments.


Daddy could get used to this


Explaining the fundamentals to Hads


Hadley and Charles feeding Mama Sarah ice cream. I love that they open their mouths the same way we do when we feed them.


Charles and Papa Pete chatting up a giant toothbrush


Having only 6 teeth, Hadley decided to hang back thinking she wouldn't have much to add to the toothbrush/toddler conversation.


Game over. Waiting for the crowds to clear so we can...


...RUN THE BASES! At the end of the game we got to line up and run the bases. VERY COOL!


I didn't see anyone else being carried, but slow poke would have held up the line.


Rounding third, I decided to let her run the last stretch on her own, but she buckled under the pressure and burst into tears. Oops!


HOME RUN! And after all of that fun in the sun, what would any normal person do??


Cool off with some margaritas!!
(Well the Mommies did at least)


One pooped little baseball fan

No comments: